Plans, organizes, manages, controls and evaluates all activities related to sanitation. This position has direct responsibility for ensuring all work activities under its span of control are performed with attention to the highest standards of food quality, safe processes, compliance with all appropriate legal requirements and a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Evaluates facility sanitary conditions, assesses risk, prioritizes corrective actions and verifies completion
- Validates HACCP and other Prerequisite Programs
- Writes and maintains Cleaning Procedures for equipment and facility
- Performs quarterly integrated pest management assessments
- Performs weekly food safety inspections
- Recommends changes in equipment, facility layout, lighting, ventilation, or work practices to improve sanitation standards and safety and quality of product
- Maintains Master Sanitation Schedule
- Determines resources and provides training, guidance and leadership to plant personnel
- Member of HACCP Team
- Actively participates in the implementation of programs to improve organizational effectiveness
- Reports and takes necessary action to prevent food safety, legality and quality problems from occurring
- Creates, follows and enforces programs and procedures outlined in the Food Safety and Quality Manual to support compliance with the BRC Global Standard for Food Safety and other third part audits
- Strong capacity for analysis and decision making.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Possesses strong organizational and leadership abilities.
- Ability to influence others to implement sanitation programs through effective communication, technical knowledge and training.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to interpret various food safety standards and implement programs and processes to meet the intent of the standard.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
**Please note that this job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; individuals may perform other duties as assigned or required.**
Schwebel’s will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
The Schwebel Baking Company offers a competitive pay package that includes but is not limited to; Health Insurance which includes Dental/Vision/RX care, paid vacation and personal leave, short and long-term disability, and a company 401K plan.
The Schwebel Baking Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.